WINTER OFF ROAD TYRES - MR TIRE COCKEYSVILLE - ATV QUAD TIRES.
Winter Off Road Tyres
- Off-roading is a term for driving a specialized vehicle on unpaved roads, such as sand, gravel, riverbeds, mud, snow, rocks, and other natural terrain.
- Away from a smooth road; on rough terrain
- (of a vehicle or bicycle) Designed for use over rough terrain
- The coldest season of the year, in the northern hemisphere from December to February and in the southern hemisphere from June to August
- the coldest season of the year; in the northern hemisphere it extends from the winter solstice to the vernal equinox
- The period from the winter solstice to the vernal equinox
- Winter is the coldest season of the year, between autumn and spring, marked by the shortest days and longest nights.
- A strengthening band of metal fitted around the rim of a wheel
- (tyre) Sur: a port in southern Lebanon on the Mediterranean Sea; formerly a major Phoenician seaport famous for silks
- A tire (in American English) or tyre (in British English) is a ring-shaped covering that fits around a wheel rim to protect it and enable better vehicle performance by providing a flexible cushion that absorbs shock while keeping the wheel in close contact with the ground.
- A rubber covering, typically inflated or surrounding an inflated inner tube, placed around a wheel to form a flexible contact with the road
- (tyre) tire: hoop that covers a wheel; "automobile tires are usually made of rubber and filled with compressed air"
Off Into the Distant Wilderness
EXPLORE Highest Rank #455
Day 9 & counting.......
This is another from my winter Yellowstone/Tetons series - counting down my return trip to the area.
As mentioned earlier, we decided that we wanted to explore Yellowston NP via snowmobile in Feb '10. We signed up for the adventure the day before - it was then in the mid-20's and sunny. When we woke up that morning, the winds were blowing, the skies were totally overcast, it had intermittent rain, and it was about 18 degrees below zero! Mind you, we're from Florida ..... but we figured it would just add to the adventure. So since I totally understand the concept of layering, I donned about 6 layers and arrived at the snowmobile shop. The guy took one look at me (looking like the Goodyear Tire dude - with all of my layers) and strongly suggested that I take some off, which I did. Yes, it was very cold in the beginning. Not much of a day for photography either.
However, after about an hour, the rain stopped and the wind died down and the skies cleared - i.e. my prayers had been answered. It was then BEAUTIFUL! As we motored on down the road to Madison, every so often our guide (you must be guided into the park when on snowmobiles) would stop and give us the rundown on interesting facts about the area. I would take that as my cue to shoot the scenery. This was the perfect place too, since immediately off our path was a solitary path of animal tracks that went off into the distance. It was still quite cold, but it doesn't seem to matter how cold it is, when something of such beauty is before you.
I wondered, if I follow the tracks would I eventually find the creature that created these beautiful tracks? I loved the way it was so isolated and alone in the fallen snow, which was glistening in the sunlight. It's amazing to me the struggle for survival that takes place annually in Yellowstone and surrounding areas throughout the bitterly cold winter. It's nature and the survival of the fittest.
Thanks for your visits and comments as they are both much appreciated!
Horse and rider on towpath at Washington Crossing . Day 81
A long ride for me today 33 miles . I rode on the Delaware Canal tow path for about 2 miles to see what shape it was in . While I was waiting for the horse to go by I snapped thier picture . Horse's have the right of way as some can be spooked by bicycles . The lady waved me on but I wanted a picture anyway . There was a guy on a mountain bike ahead of with big aggressive tires and I caught up with him any way . I still have my road slicks on , guess he can't ride in mud .
cooper dominator tires
ottawa tire shops
kal tire calgary chinook
nokian tire prices canada
sigma tires rating
hitch spare tire carrier
big ten tires hattiesburg ms
canadian tire loans
kramer tire norfolk va
tag : winter off road tyres vancouver tire shops used car tires